Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Camping Funness

This last weekend we went camping with my family. Not everyone ended being able to come, but that's ok. We had had it planned for quite awhile. We planned to go up Thursday after work, but I was really sick all day Thursday and was throwing up. I figured out at the end of the day that it was the pain patch I had put on the night before that was making me so sick so I took it off and by the next morning I felt much better. So we left first thing Friday morning and got there in time to eat breakfast with everyone. My mom, brother Kelby and his family, brother Kyler, and nephew Kalan (my sister's son) had all gone up Thursday. We went to the South Hills by Rock Creek. We had a really fun camping spot right by the creek. Although later we found out it's not a camping spot anymore. We had camped there a few years ago, but a ranger came and told us that they don't like people camping by the creek because it's not good for the quality of the water. There was no sign not to camp there and he said they put them up and people take them down. He wanted us to move but my told him we were leaving int he morning and so he let us stay. We had so much stuff set up that we would have just gone home. 
Anyway, here are some pics of the fun things we did:

Here we are setting up our tent.
 Kyler had fun climbing a tree....
 And jumping on rocks across the creek.
 My sister came up Friday morning as well with her girls and stayed for the day. Her husband and son Kade had a scout campout so they couldn't come. Halli LOVE playing in the creek.
 So did Luke
 They both were very dirty after a couple hours
 Kelsi was just relaxing
 We spent time visiting, playing cards, roasting marshmellows, and eating good food. Food always tastes better when you're camping. :)
 I'm pro at roasting marshmellows.

 We are getting ready to go on a hike
 We all hiked to Ross Falls
 We have gone there several times and always stop to take a picture on this bench.

We made it!
 Chris, Kyler, Kelsi, and Jenna climbed these rocks to the very top. I have done it once before, but I didn't have the strength this time.


 Ross Falls

 The girls, minus Amy who had already gone back to the campsite with Kelby to start getting dinner ready.
 Love this girl!
 Here you can see all our tents set up. Taylor had a pretty cool Cars tent to sleep in. :)
We had lots of fun and I was so glad that I felt better and was able to go. Next time hopefully we can find a time when everyone can go!

No comments: