Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No More Prednisone!

That's right. After weeks of slowly decreasing the dose I was taking, I finally took my last prednisone pill a few days ago. Very exciting. I can tell the swelling in my face has started to go down, which makes me very happy. I have been feeling very good (with the exception of last week, I had a few rough days), but I am doing so good. I am now no longer taking anything for Crohn's disease. Dr. Smith would like me to take something to prevent inflammation from flaring up again, but we will see. I really don't want to. 
I also went to see the rheumatologist today who said I can start taking that medication every other day instead of every day because my arthritis has not been bothering me. 
I have been able to start working full days this week, so that's really good as well. I feel so blessed that I am doing so much better!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I am glad you are feeling so much better.