Friday, March 9, 2012

Feeling Crafty

Well I realize it has been far too long since I have posted anything...We have been very busy. But now I have so many blog posts in my head it's a little overwhelming to think about getting it all done. Here's to me never getting that far behind again!-haha. Well first I just have say that I have been sucked in by Pinterest, and what perfect timing now that I have my own Cricut Cutter. I can craft till my heart's content. I love it. I have found lots of fun things to make on Pinterest, and I am always looking for an excuse to make a cute card. Here are just some pics of things I have made:

Birthday card for my nephew Porter...they will probably all get similar looking cards this year, I love this cartridge that I used! haha

I made this for a little boy in Chris' Primary class who is moving.
Thank You card I made for my visiting teacher awhile ago when I was sick and she brought us dinner.
Card I made for a little girl in my primary class (who is sister to the boy in Chris' class)

I made this yesterday-thanks to my husband for cutting wood and drilling the holes for me!
Here is a card I made for a girl at work who we had a little shower for.
Here is a little banner for a decoration for the shower.
Happy Birtthday card for Chris' mom
Another Happy Birthday card-I'm kind of hooked on making cards like this, but I need to come up with some other ideas too.
This a Valentine's Day wreath that I saw on pinterest here: http://www.sheskindacrafty.com/2011/01/valentine-ribbon-wreath.html
It was kind of a lot of work and if didn't already have a ton of the ribbon, I wouldn't have done it because I didn't want to spend a lot. I bought the wreath form at JoAnn's for $2.50 (after a 50% coupon), which I thought was a little much, but have since learned you can use those long swim noodles from the dollar store or a piece of foam tubing from Home Dopot or Lowe's for cheap so I will have to try that next time. Anyway, I thought it turned out way cute!
I have these HOME blocks that I made around Christmas time, and my husband had the idea that I should put something on the back that could be used for another holiday, so this is what I came up. Made the letters with my Cricut of couse, I love it!
Home blocks my mom's ward made in Relief Society last year and she had some kits leftover so she gave me one.
They also made these Joy blocks in my mom's Relief Society. I am going to put something on the back of these sometime as well. My sister suggested USA which I think would be fun!
We made these Christmas Countdown blocks in my ward for a Super Saturday. Mine turned out a bit wrinkly, but I am getting much better at modge podging wrinkle free!
My sister actually sent me the link to this blog with this wreath, which I copied and made. I was super fun and easy and a great place to put our Christmas cards from all the wonderful people out there who cared enough to send us one!
Well that shows a little bit of what I've been up to lately. I am also working on sewing a quilt right now-I've had the material for 2 years now. It's finally all cut out (thanks a TON to my mom), and I am excited to get sewing on it! Chris always asks me where I learned to make stuff like this, and my answer is always "from my momma!" For several years when I was growing up my mom was what was then called "Homemaking Leader" in our ward, and she put together a huge project or craft every month which I always helped her with. Sometimes she would even sit down with me and let me make whatever they were making. She taught me 4H and how to paint and sew and cook. I am so thankful for her and everything she taught me!

No comments: