Saturday, March 10, 2012

Birthday x 2

Well it seems like we like to celebrate everything at once at our house. After Christmas comes Valentine's Day, a week later my birthday, and 2 weeks after that is Chris' birthday. Not to mention that the anniversary of the day we met and went on our first date is February 18! (Can you believe it's been a whole year)?! I think both of our birthdays did not turn out how we planned this year, but considering everything that was going on, they were still pretty good. Around my birthday I had not been feeling very well. I had seen the Dr. again in SL and she suggested that the next time it got really bad, to have Dr. Smith (my Dr. here in Twin) do another sigmoidoscopy within a day or two to see if he could see something that was causing the problem. Well the weekend before my birthday turned out to be one of those times. I felt terrible, so Monday I called and talked to Dr. Smith and scheduled the procedure for Wednesday, which was my birthday. :( It worked best for us though because we both already had the day off. I scheduled it for 8:30 in the morning, thinking that I would be awake enough within a couple hours to still go about my day and salvage some of my birthday, but it didn't exactly turn out like that. For some reason I was much more out of it than usual. When I had the same thing done in SL in December, I woke up right after and even though I was groggy, I was alert enough to listen to the Dr and remember everything she said. I do not remember ANYTHING that happened afterwards this time. The Dr came and talked to Chris afterwards, I got dressed and we went home-none of which I remember. The procedure went well but they didn't really find out anything more than we knew. There was some ulcers and inflammation present, so he started me on prednisone again-ugh! I vaguely remember getting home and laying down in our bed. Chris asked me if I wanted to change into some pajamas and I said no because it was too much work. We didn't get home until I think around 11:30 or noon. I asked Chris why it took so long and he said it was because I wouldn't wake up! I then woke up around 1:30 for a minute and ate a bowl of cereal. Then Chris wanted me to open my present so I did. He gave me this cute Willow Tree to add to my collection! After that I was not feeling well and wanted to sleep some more so I lay down once again and was out until 3:30. Poor Chris just had to entertain himself the whole day!

Chris said every time he came to check on me I was in the exact same position, so I was sleeping pretty good. He spent time preparing for a grad school interview that he had over the phone the next day, so that was good he had time to prepare for that. After I finally decided that I could rejoin the human race we just hung out the rest of the night together. Chris made me my favorite: strawberry cheesecake! I was one happy girl. My sister stopped by and gave me a present and some homemade cinnamon rolls (they were so yummy)! We watched Back to the Future which my mom had given me for my birthday. She also gave me the movie Life as We Know It. Chris had never seen Back to the Future so I was glad he could finally watch it with me so he knows what I'm talking about when I quote it! Great movie...Anyway, even though I didn't spend it how I had planned, I had a great day. We have been saving to maybe get an iPad (we were hoping the iPad 2 would be cheaper once the new iPad came out, but it's not as low priced as we hoped) but that is supposed to be my present too. We want to have something else besides our one computer by the time Chris starts school, so we figured why not? :) Anyway, we should be getting one soon and I am super excited-and spoiled!

March 8 is Chris' birthday. I like to tease him about how old he is getting (he turned 29)! It fits right in with all the rest of the March and April birthdays in my family, his family is full during this time too. Since I had been in the hospital, I didn't have the time or energy to do something to0 extravagant, but with my mom's help I pulled together a little something. I got home from the hospital Tuesday and Chris had Wednesday off and stayed with me. My mom came and stayed with me on Thursday while Chris went to work. She took me to the Dr that morning and then we stopped at the store and got some balloons and things to make a banana cream pie (Chris' favorite). We went home and my mom made the pie and I made him a giant birthday card on my Cricut and some iPad app magnets that I saw on Pinterest. His real birthday present is some new jeans but we haven't had time to go shopping so I wanted to have something for him to open on his birthday too. He is always saying we need more magnets, so I thought this was perfect. Here is what he found when he got home:


The magnets were fun to make and I think they turned out cute. The blog I found it on ( http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2011/02/iphone-magnets.html#more) used something called Dimensional Modge Podge, and I just used regular. I didn't want to spend money at the time, but they would look lots cooler with that on top so maybe sometime I will get some and add to them. It just would make them stand out more. Chris thought the magnets were pretty cool and he loved the banana cream pie and giant card so I would say it was a success. We watched American Idol that night (of course) and just enjoyed being with each other. I just have to say that I am lucky to have such a great husband. He is so supportive and caring and easygoing. He makes me laugh constantly and I am so thankful for him. Here is to many more wonderful birthdays together!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I was surprised that Chris had never seen Back to the Future and then realized he probably wasn't even born yet when it came out in theaters. I hope you are feeling better and that your birthdays were great. Thanks for the note you left on my blog. I really appreciate it.