Saturday, March 10, 2012

Valentine's Day

Well I know it was awhile ago, but I just wanted to post about what a great Valentine's Day we had. I have to admit that I had never really been with anyone (unless you count "going out" in Jr. High) on Valentine's Day before. My parents lots of times would get me candy or a stuffed animal on Valentine's Day, especially my mom and especially when I got older, and I always try to send my mom candy or flowers or something. So this year was a little bit different for me. :) That morning when I got out of the shower there was a gerbera daisy in a vase with a balloon tied to it waiting for me. We both then went to work for the day and about 9 or 10 am I got a phone call from the volunteers desk in the main lobby at the hospital that I had some flowers there waiting for me. So I went down to get them and this is what I found:

They were beautiful and I loved them! Especially the pink vase. I know flowers just die eventually but I love getting them. Everyone at work kept telling me that I have a keeper for a husband and of course I couldn't help but agree.
That night when Chris got home he had ANOTHER flower for me, this time a red rose. I told him "No more!" but he still had one other thing up his sleeve....
He got me these 12 in x 12 in storage containers for me to keep all my scrapbook paper and craft stuff in. I had a big long flat plastic container that I had been using, but it was getting too small and way too messy in there. I thought it was really sweet of him to think of something like this. I told him he got me way too much though.

For my present for Chris I put together this little basket with sayings that went with everything inside. For instance, the movie Taken said "You have "taken" my heart." Mt. Dew said, "I love everything you 'dew.'" I know it's a little cheesy, but I thought it was fun.
Then I also made him this candy gram. I saw it on Pinterest (of course) and altered it a little to fit more candy that he likes. Anyone who knows Chris knows that he does not eat a lot of sweets. I think he still has half of this candy left, so that's why candy could not be his only present. haha (p.s. I also have to note that I stayed pretty close to the price range that we set to spend on each other, my husband did not do as well!)
For dinner we ended up going and picking up some food and bringing it home and watching a movie. Neither of us had to work the next day so we got to stay up late and enjoy being with each other. It was such a great day and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful Valentine!

I had seen this idea on Pinterest as well, so a couple days later we had French Bread pizza with the pepporoni cut into little hearts. It was really cute and just something fun. :)
Hope everyone else had a great Valentine's Day as well!

No comments: