Saturday, March 10, 2012

Recent Happenings

Well this is just a bunch of random pictures that I wanted to post. We have been keeping ourselves busy spending lots of time with family lately. The first weekend in February my nephew Taylor was baptized so we spent time in Burley then. My little brother Kyler was home from BYU-I for the weekend so that was fun to see him. These are some pictures from that weekend:

Don't ask me what we were doing...Kyler is the weird one, not me, haha!
Chris and I at the baptism
It was so fun to be there with Taylor as he was baptized!
Back in January Chris and I took a trip to Boise so Chris could meet with someone from the grad school program he applied to there. It turned out to be a little disappointing because they told him their program won't help him find a job in the area he wants, but other than that we had a good time. (More in a future post about Grad School and future plans-we haven't made any definite decisions so I don't want to go much into it yet). We left on a Monday after work and went and stayed with my brother Chad and his family that night. We had so much fun playing with my nephews. I lived with them when I did my internship, and I have to say that those little boys sure do love me. :) And Chris too. haha. We sure appreciated them letting us stay. The next morning we went to the interview and then I talked Chris into taking me to the Discovery Center there in Boise. I went there on a field trip once in 4th grade and loved it. It is a hands on science museum, and it was pretty fascinating. I'm pretty sure I have a picture of me in this same chair in 4th grade-haha! You sit in the chair and pull on the rope to pull yourself to the top. When you let go of the rope, you expect to come plunging down really fast, but you just float down really slow. Anyway, we had a lot of fun and I know I'm lucky to have a husband who would humor me with that.

We also have gone and watched Chris' little sister dance and my nieces cheer a couple of times. This is Courtney with her parents on senior night.
This is Kelsi with her parents (my sister) and my mom on Senior night. It's weird that both Chris' youngest sister and my oldest niece are both graduating!
I always enjoy watching them dance and cheer...brings back memories!

President's Day weekend we went to Pomerelle with my sister Tysi and her family, my brother Kelby and his family, and my brother Kyler. I had not been in a couple years and Chris and I had never been together. We had a lot of fun and I think I kept up pretty good! You can't tell but we are smiling. :)
The little boys hanging out in the lodge...they are all quite the little skiiers and Kade even started snowboarding this trip.
This is a video of first Kyler and then Chris going off of a jump they had set up. I don't know if the video will work, but if you can watch it it's pretty cool. It's hard to tell but you had to get up quite a bit of speed to even get to the part of the hill that I was standing on to take the video, and then the jump was even higher. We had lots of fun. Chris and I bought 2 day passes for Pomerelle for the price of one that we need to use soon too, so hopefully I can start feeling well enough to go again!

No comments: