Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas and New Years

Well we had a great first Christmas and New Year's together. I of course could not choose just a couple pics to post so there are a lot, but because of that I will try to keep the writing to a minimum. Here are some of the things we did together during the Holidays:

Decorated our first tree together (black Friday Christmas tree, dollar store tree skirt, and borrowed decorations from my mom). :)
Received LOTS of treats from family and friends!
Hung our stockings by the fireplace with care...
Won a free Willow Tree Nativity from Hallmark!
Got lots of Christmas cards (we actually ended up with lots more that this by the end!)
Watched the Boise State game in the whatever bowl they played in (I'm not the one who is into football, as you can tell) but I did sport BSU gear which I never thought I would do. My pj's even say Boise State. It's true. Look close.
Made lots of treats with Chris' mom and sisters and sisters-in-law!
...and a Gingerbread House with his niece and nephews
which they loved helping with!
Listened to Chris read the Christmas story at his Aunt's house on Christmas Eve
While the kids acted it out (imagine these two pics in reverse order. )
Opened presents Christmas morning at my mom's with my brother Brock and his little family there all the way from Wyoming!
Watched my mom be soo excited about her new compute!
and Chris be so excited about his new pillow! (everyone knows how much I love my pillow...well Chris decided he kind of likes it too, so I got him one. Mostly so I don't ever have to share. j/k!) and don't worry, that's not all I got him. He picked himself out a great tool set from Lowe's.
And I opened a new Cricut Cutter! I was totally surprised and spoiled! Chris remembered me mentioning it a time or two that it would be fun to have, and he logged that away in that amazing husband memory of his! I think I'll keep him. (pics to come of my wonderful Cricut and crafting projects!)
Some of us got a little upset when it wasn't our turn to open a present...poor Halli.
We opened presents the day after Christmas at my Dad's.
And the day after that at my mom's...who gave Chris and I the "game invented on the seat of a tractor." The Farming Game, one of our favorites. If you ever want to have a night of being $500,000 in debt and upset that you can't harvest your cherries, and your cows all died, let us know. :)
We got new Hoodies as well
The night before New Year's Eve we spent with a BUNCH of my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc together playing games and such.
We had a grand ole' time.
New Year's Eve we spent at Chris' dad's with some of his siblings and played a fun card game that we had never played, but I think I will be teaching to my family. I forgot to load the pic of us raising our glasses in a toast. :( You can find it on facebook.
New Year's Day we had dinner at Chris' mom's. All in all we had a blast with our families and with each other. I would say it was a wonderful end to a wonderful year together and we can't wait for many more to come!

4 comments:

GrandmaBev said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas.

Dani said...

how fun! it was great to see you! and your cricut machine looks like fun - I'd love to come see it in action and maybe make some projects with you.

Lana Boehler said...

Oh Jill I love all your cute decorations.So fun. We such get together and make crafts since we live so close. :) (i am just saying)
By the way you and Chris are adorable.

Amber lee said...

Jill. I love your Christmas Card wreath idea! I so want to steal that from you. We end up taping all the cards on the door and it just looks a mess. Very cute! Thanks for posting pictures. Hope you don't mind me using that idea next year!