Monday, April 1, 2013

One year later...

One year and one week ago on March 25 I had major abdominal surgery and was in the ICU. I can't believe it's been a whole year. Crazy. Chris and I talk about those weeks when I was in the hospital sometimes...and it just seems like it was one big blur. One year later I am doing so much better and I am so thankful for that!


I talked in a previous post about some other things that are going right now. I had a scope on March 11 and it went well. I was super nauseated afterwords though, and had to stay a little longer to wait for the IV zofran to help. The doctor said that there was no inflammation. He said that yes, there is some small intestine near my rectum left, and that it bled just when it was touched. He took some biopsies. He didn't seem to think that it was a big deal. That is the part I was so worried about. The surgeon in SL said that I might have to have it removed, so I didn't want the GI doctor here to say that I needed another surgery. I told him about some of the other things going on that I was worried about and he thinks I could have a vaginal fistula. I have an appointment with a gynecologist on April 22. I also have an appointment this Friday with the GI doctor to talk about things some more, and go over biopsy results. Every night when I lay down, my stomach hurts in the same exact spot, in the same exact way. So I think there is something going on, we just have to figure out what. :) So we are doing more waiting. I am really trying to learn patience right now!!
p.s. My hands have been getting better since I have gotten steroid shots in my fingers. I have to get shots in two more fingers today and then I will be done! :)

No comments: