Monday, April 22, 2013

A Long Time Coming

I finally finished my quilt! I am so excited about how it turned out. This has been a long time coming. I got the material about 3-4 years ago. Cutting everything out was hard for me. I would get tired of it. I didn't feel comfortable doing it without my mom there because I was afraid of cutting something wrong. Finally a little over a year ago, I stayed with my mom for the weekend when Chris went on a snowboarding trip. I told my mom we needed to finish cutting everything out. Well, I still got tired of cutting and my mom ended up doing most of it, haha. But after that I was motivated to start sewing! I started setting everything out and actually had it all over our coffee table last year when I ended up in the hospital. It stayed sitting on the coffee table for the whole time I was gone basically. A couple months after being home I finally decided that I had the energy to work on it again. I pieced together all the squares and sewed them together last summer. I sewed most of the border on before we moved, and the most outer border just a couple weeks ago. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Life I guess. I kind of accidentally ran onto a place that was having a major good deal on quilting so I hurried and finished it and sent it off. I got it back on Saturday and I am IN LOVE with it. Mostly I just can't believe that I did that. (Well, with some help). Neither can Chris. Haha. I still need to put binding around the edge, but that's not going to happen for a couple weeks because I need my mom to show me how. (Yes that's right, my mom is coming to visit in less then 2 weeks!) I'm going the use the same material for the binding that I used for the back. But I couldn't wait to share it because I love it so much! I love the design of the quilting. And yes, that is Chris behind the quilt, he was mad that his face couldn't be in the picture. :)







No comments: