Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

Today we had a wonderful Easter Sunday. We went to church with Chris' Aunt and Uncle and two of his cousins and their families. It was nice to be able to be with some family on a holiday. It makes being far from home a lot easier. I got to meet one of Chris' cousins and his wife and kids that I hadn't met yet. We had a yummy dinner and an Easter Egg Hunt with the kids. The weather was so nice! Chris was surprised when I left my coat in the car when we went into the church.



We bought eggs to color on Saturday but by the time we got home we were to tired to color them....I'm still going to boil some though because I love boiled eggs. :) I did make these cute eggs with Chris' mom when she was here. Try as I might, I can't find the link where I got them from. I think they turned out cute though. 
Mostly I am so grateful for my Savior. It is always a comfort to me that He not only paid for our sins, but he felt every feeling, pain-emotional or physical, frustration, and went through any trial we have ever had. He knows exactly how I feel when my stomach or my hands hurt. He knows exactly how hard it is to not know what is wrong, to wait and wait for doctor appointments, and the worry that goes along with it. We can repent and live with Him and our Father again in Heaven. He lived and died for each of us. I love this message from our First Presidency:

"At this Easter season we give our sure witness that Jesus is the Christ, the Redeemer of all mankind. Because of His atoning sacrifice, He stands as our Advocate and Savior. Though He was crucified, He rose triumphant from the tomb to our everlasting blessing and benefit."
Thomas S. Monson
Henry B. Eyring
Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments: