Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wedding Day, Yay!

Well as many of you know, my little brother Kyler tied the knot with the girl of his dreams on Friday, September 7.  I am so happy for him and Stephanie and so excited to have Stephanie in our family.
I drove to Boise after my last day of work on Thursday (sad), and spent the night at my kind brother Chad’s house. I picked Chris up from the airport at 8:00 the next morning. I was so excited to see him that I left the car running and got out of the car. I purposefully left the door open so it would not lock, but the darn door shut by itself and locked. 20 minutes and $60 later we were on the road to Boise. We made it to Rexburg at about 1:20 pm, just in time for the wedding at 2:00. It was a beautiful ceremony and it was so fun to be there with all of our family. We had a wonderful day. Afterwards we took pictures outside of the temple, of course, and then had a yummy dinner at my Uncle Lynn’s church in Idaho Falls. Kyler and Stephanie were so happy. They had a really cute video made by Stephanie’s brother that was really fun to watch. The reception was the next day in Burley. We spent the day helping set up the reception, running errands for my mom, and watching the BYU football game, of course. The reception turned out really pretty and again it was just really fun to be with everyone. They are having an open house this weekend in Arvada, Colorado, where Stephanie is from. I wish we could be there but we are now in Spokane for the long haul, so unfortunately won’t make it.
It’s hard to believe my little brother is all grown up and married…sigh. It was a fun weekend though. Chris and I had to get up early the next day and start the long drive back to Spokane. We stopped in Twin and saw some of Chris’ family on our way out. We had to get back so I could do drug testing for my new job on Monday, and Chris could make it to school. Here are lots of pics from the weekend. Enjoy!













Side note: I just have to say that I will really miss everyone I worked with for the last 2 years in Twin. I love all the girls I worked with. They were all my best friends, especially in Twin when I didn’t have a lot of other girlfriends around. These were the girls who I told everything to, got advice from, and looked forward to seeing every day. I got to know their spouses and kids, and I will just miss them all! They all did so much for us when I was sick and I will never forget that. Besides the people that I worked with directly in my department, I had gotten to know many nurses, aides, pharmacists, and even doctors. Even though nothing was perfect there, it was a good place to work full of wonderful people. I always have kind of a hard time with change and saying goodbye, so I was proud of myself that I didn’t cry.  We will miss everyone in Twin-our ward, our friends, and especially our families but are very excited for this new adventure, for the new people we will meet, and definitely excited for Chris to get done with school! p.s. You can get direct flights from Boise to Spokane for $69. It’s a 42 minute flight. Just sayin’.

No comments: