Thursday, September 13, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Well this Labor Day was a little different than usual. As I mentioned in my previous post, I was able to fly to Spokane and spend the weekend with Chris since I had another interview. We had such a good weekend. I got there Wednesday night. My interview was Thursday. Chris does not have class on Friday so Friday I went to the school with him for awhile while he did homework, and then we went grocery shopping (poor Chris had nothing in the fridge).  Saturday we went to a place called Cat Tales Zoological Park. It’s a place where they rescue big cats from the wild and care for them. It was kind of fun. We saw lions, tigers, mountain lions, white tigers, a leopard, a panther, and one black bear. What was cool was you got to see them so close up and saw the workers there interacting with some of them. Then we went to a place called Manito Park, really close to our house. It is a 90 acre park full of other little parks. There is a playground area, splash pond for kids, a pond to feed fish, another pond that is really pretty, a lilac garden, rose garden, Japanese garden, and I’m sure other things. We didn’t have time to see it all but we saw a lot of it and it was really fun. Sunday we went to church in our new ward and I flew home Monday afternoon. It was really fun just being able to relax and be with each other!






 Here is Chris "reflecting" in the Japanese garden. 
 I had to reflect as well.



No comments: