Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Very Eventful 4th

So I know the 4th of July was almost a month ago, but I still wanted to post about it. July has been so busy and crazy for us, I have not had time!
Well, anyway, I finally got time to make a couple cute 4th of July decorations just in time for the holiday. I think they turned out really good!



On Tuesday the 3rd, Chris and I drove to Burley right after work. We stopped and picked up my mom and then headed up the mountain. We met my brother Kyler and his fiance (yes, more about that later), my Aunt Lora and Uncle Blaine, cousins Shayne and Jamie, Aunt Bev and Uncle Brian and cousin Zack there. When we unloaed the cars I carried 3 camping chairs and hotdog sticks all at once, and Chris and my mom thought they were pretty funny by getting a picture.


We made tinfoil dinners and put them on the fire to cook, and then got ready to go ride our bikes. We love to ride our mountain bikes down from the very top of Mt. Harrison (where the lookout tower is) all the way to where you turn to go up Pomerelle. I think it's about 7 miles, but it's all downhill and you hardly ever have to pedal. This is Kyler and Steph before we left, all still happy and healthy. :)


We all hopped in my Uncle Blaine's truck with out bikes and he dropped us off at the top, and then followed us down. After we had not been going for very long, Kyler had to stop to trade bikes because his had a flat tire. There was an extra one in the truck that he used. Pretty soon it was just us girls (me, Steph, and Jamie), and Chris. Kyler and Shayne like to go off on some dirt trails, where we always stay on the paved road. We finally go to the bottom (which was way fun, btw), and I was so proud of myself for making it all the way. I had almost decided to stop when we got to our campsite, but decided to keep going. When Blaine got out of the truck to help us load our bikes, he told us that Kyler and Shayne had wrecked, but he didn't know how bad. When we were almost back to our campsite, my mom called me and asked if we were almost back to the campsite and I said yes. She said that there were a couple boys there that needed a blessing. So then we knew it was worse, but still had no idea. When we got there we saw Kyler laying on the ground on some blankets and Shayne in a chair with Lora and Bev holding paper towels to his head. There was blood soaking through. Shayne was very confused and kept asking the same questions over again. Kyler had hurt his shoulder and was nauseated from the pain. 
I guess what happened is this: Kyler's bike that he had was not working very well and he couldn't go very fast. Shayne tried to help his along and take his handlebars to give him a push, but they ended up colliding and they both went flying. Poor Kyler saw Shayne and thought he was going to die. He said it was the most horrible thing he'd ever seen in his life. Shayne was passed out and Kyler finally got him to wake up and got him to the side of the road. About 30 seconds later a truck drove by and Kyler flagged them down. There were two guys and one stayed with Shayne and one took Kyler back to the camp, which they weren't too far from, thank goodness. My mom said that she saw Kyler get out the truck and heard him saying "Help! Help! We have to go get Shayne. He's hurt really bad." Everyone was kind of confused and Brian said he thought Kyler was joking. My mom went over there and told Kyler they would go get Shayne, and then she turned around and he was laying on the ground. He was so sick he thought he was going to throw up. Then my mom realized Kyler was hurt too, so she had Lora (Shayne's mom) and Brian follow the guy with the truck back and get Shayne.
When we got there Blaine gave Shayne a blessing, and Bryan, Chris and Zach helped. Then Chris gave Kyler a blessing and the others helped. After that we packed up everything as fast we could. My mom and Steph left with Kyler and Lora and Blaine left with Shayne. The rest of us ate our dinner very fast and packed up and left. We met them at the Emergency Room. 
Kyler ended up have a separated shoulder and Shayne had a bad concussion with a little bleeding on his brain. He stayed overnight in the hospital and went home the next morning. 
This is a pic of them next to each other in the ER. Shayne could not remember what he said 2 minutes ago, so he kept saying "Kyler, we're roomies again!" Over and over. 


Kyler: Left side, strong side! haha. Name that movie.


Shayne didn't need stitches in his head, but had some pretty bad skinned areas on his head. The dr said he must have slid 20 feet for that to happen. He also hurt his thumb pretty bad and they both had road rash all over. They are both fine now but it was pretty scary. I think they will remember to wear helmets next time! We all will!


The next day we didn't do much since Kyler and Shayne were hurt. We slept in, and layed around and watched movies. Chris and I left for a couple hours to go see his friend Garrett, who is cousins with my friend Lana's husband. So were saw Lana too and that was fun. 

Here is cute Luke eating a snow cone. He is so cute! (And he can say my name now). :)

We all relaxed and hung out in the backyard for awhile and then went to watch the fireworks in Burley. They were pretty good, I was impressed. Although, nothing tops the fireworks at Disneyland. We got home super late and had to work the next day, but it was still fun.



No comments: