Saturday, May 26, 2012

Recently

Just wanted to post about some of the things we've done recently. One night Chis and I went to his Grandma and Grandpa's and went swimming in their pool. It was so nice, we hadn't been able to do that in awhile. On the way there we stopped and took this picture of Shoshone Falls. Usually we see them from a different place, but they were really pretty from this view. 

 Last weekend Chris went camping with my dad and brothers and they had tinfoil dinners, and ever since then, Chris wanted them again. So Monday night we went to his dad's to cook them (with the dogs and llamas) :)


 They turned out delicious!
 Sunday we had dinner at my sister's house and played a good game of Boccee Ball.
 Halli loves to pose for the camera and this was her new pose. I don't know where she learned that.


Kelsi graduated from Seminary-we are so proud of her!

 Chris' sister Courtney is a senior as well and we thought that we were going to both of their graduations, but when we got there realized that they were separated by stakes. So we didn't get to see Courtney but we are proud of her too!
 Lately I have had more energy and last week I made a good meal for the first time in a long time: chicken pot pie! It is one of Chris' favorites. We have really appreciated all the meals that have been brought to us but it was nice to eat something we are used to. I have cooked a couple times since then and love that I am getting my energy back!
 I also made a bunch of thank you cards (we had a lot of people to thank). It was fun but I'm glad they are all done now!


Last week was a little rough. First off, on Tuesday I went out to our mailbox to mail the thank you cards, and on the way back I tried to take a big step/hop over a line of ants (I wasn't wearing any shoes). Well turns out my legs still aren't as strong as I thought they were and so my knees were bent and I didn't have the strength to straighten them, so I stumbled and fell and hit my jaw on the cement front porch and bruised it, and scraped my wrist pretty good. I also ended up with a pretty good bruise on the side of my hip and a couple on my leg. It hurt pretty bad. I sat on the ground for a minute or so and then scooted myself onto the steps and stood up and went inside....then I cried. :) Mostly just from emotions I think, it kind of scared me and frustrated me. But I was ok and I got over it.

Wednesday afternoon we went to watch our nephews play baseball (my nephew Kalan was playing Chris' nephew Calvry). I was kind of not feeling well and was really tired but I wanted to go anyway. I only last about 20-30 minutes before I had to leave. When I got home I had really bad body aches and I had a fever. I took tylenol but it took the rest of the night for the fever to go away. I went to bed and the the next day I woke up and felt fine. Friday I went to a pizza party they had at work (to celebrate being fully staffed again since I was coming back, the girl who had been on maternity leave was coming back, and we hired someone new). Afterwards I drove to Burley to stay at my mom's while Chris went camping with my dad and brothers. About the time I got there I started not feeling well again and had really really bad body aches and chills. My brothers Kyler and Kelby gave me a blessing before they left to go camping and I felt a little better the rest of the night but I didn't feel like going and doing anything so my mom picked up some food from Taco Bandido and a Redbox movie for us and we stayed home and watched that. During the night I had a pretty upset stomach and was nauseated. The next day I had a fever most of the day and stayed in my pajamas and slept. Chris drove to Burley and got me because I didn't think I would be able to drive home. I think it must have just been a touch of the flu, but it was kind of weird. Saturday night I started to feel better and Sunday was much better. I was mad because my mom and I didn't get to do any of the things we had planned and we had planned to go to Chris' dad's and play games with his siblings Saturday night but had to stay home. I guess my immune system isn't quite up to snuff.

This week has been much better-I was able to go back to work! Good thing too because my FMLA ran out and I had used all the paid hours I was allowed from the Employees Helping Employees. I worked for about 4 hours Monday (mostly just checking 3 months worth of emails), 5 hours Tuesday, and 3 hours Thursday. I was afraid that I was not going to remember how to do anything, but it was just like riding a bike. :) Hopefully this next week I can work a few more hours. Wednesday my mom came to do some shopping and errands so I went with her and that was fun. Friday my cousin Jeff on my dad's side got married and I was able to go to the sealing. It was nice to see a few of my cousins who I hadn't seen in awhile. Friday night we went swimming again at Chris' grandparents' with Chris' cousin Paul and his wife Jess. That was really fun. I am just so thankful that I am doing so much better and able to get out and do things now. And I don't feel completely exhausted afterwards. I still have a ways to go but things are definitely much better now and I like it!

No comments: