Friday, May 25, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day weekend Chris had his 10 year high school reunion (I know he's so old!) haha. Friday night we dressed up and went to a place downtown called the Historic Ballroom and had appetizers and desserts and visited with his classmates. They had a slideshow with pictures and stuff too. The next day we went to a BBQ in Hansen. I think Chris enjoyed seeing everyone. There were on like 25 people in his class, and I think about 17 people showed up. That night we had a BBQ at my Aunt Bev's house because my cousin Danielle and her husband Brandt were home, and we hadn't seen them in awhile. It was really fun visiting with them. The next day we visited Chris' mom and stepmom, and then went to Burley and had dinner at my mom's. Here is a card I made on my Cricut:


This is what I woke up to on Mother's Day. I told Chris I'm not a mother, and he replied, "But you will be someday." (No this is not an announcement). I thought that was sweet. I guess that means I should do something for him on Father's Day. :)
It was a good weekend and I'm glad we were able to get out and do things. I was getting really tired and being home all the time!

And of course I have to say that I am so thankful for my mom! She is nothing short of amazing and I love her so much. I wish I could do as much for her as she does for me. I am also so lucky to have amazing mothers-in-law who are always there for us and who have raised such a wonderful man that I get to call my husband. I am truly blessed with wonderful mothers in my life!

No comments: