Saturday, December 22, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I just wanted to give a quick update on my health, more for my own records than anything. I have continued to get stronger and feel better. Although I feel like the last couple months I have reached a plateau. I have only been able to gain about 10 of the 23 or so pounds that I lost. I also haven't been trying as hard, but it is my New Year's resolution to gain wt! Chris has been making me smoothies everyday the last week to have in addition to my breakfast I normally eat (which will be super fun to make with our new BlendTec we got for Christmas from Chris' Grandparents)! I am going to have to just start eating more...tonight I actually ate TWO pieces of pizza and TWO pieces of crazy bread, which is really good for me. Chris was so proud.
 My rheumatoid arthritis has been bothering me a lot more than normal, so I am taking another medication for that. It won't start working for about a month so she also gave me a weeks worth of steroids to help. This morning my hands are very swollen and just throbbing, hence why I am awake and Chris is sound asleep next to me. (When I started writing this post, it was early in the morning). I have found an essential oil that does help, thanks to Chris' Aunt who told me which ones to try. The rheumatologist had me get some blood work done for a baseline because you have to have it checked regularly while taking the new medicine. My Vitamin D was low, which can cause muscle pain, so I will also be taking a very high dose of that for awhile. One of my liver enzymes was also slightly elevated, not sure why. I have to have that checked again this week.
My stomach is fine for the most part. Except for I just don't have a great appetite sometimes and I can't eat a lot at once.  Other than that, I would say I am doing so much better. I go to work everyday and don't feel exhausted like I used to. I used to count down the minutes until I could go home and crawl in bed, and now I can't believe it when it is already 5:00. A couple times a week I even end up working 9 or 10 hours and I'm tired, but I'm not dying like I was before.
Anyway, that's where things are at right now. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for my health everyday. It is something I definitely don't take for granted! (On a side note, we found out a couple weeks ago that my $120,000 bill from the University of Utah was paid 100% by the insurance, when we were originally told they would pay 60%)! Thankful for blessings everyday. :)

No comments: