Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

 Last weekend we celebrated our First Anniversary. Can you believe it? It's been a pretty amazing year. In honor of our First Anniversary, here are our top 10 "firsts" we have experienced in the last year:

1. We got married (you don't do that every day).

2.We went on our first cruise to the Bahamas-hope to go on many more.

3. We moved into our first house together and made it a home.

4. Chris was the guinea pig for many of my first meals, including my first Sunday Dinner, which I didn't have to make until me moved due to the fact that we were blessed to eat at one of our parents' every week since we got married.

5. I experienced the first time I got attacked in my sleep-you can read about it here.

6. We had our first Thanksgiving and Christmas together (and Valentine's Day, etc).


7. We went snowboarding/skiing together for the first time-I proved I could keep up with the boys.

8. We experienced our first trip to the hospital together, (and our 2nd, 3rd, 4th). 


9. We slept in the same tent for the first time (we went camping together when we were engaged last summer, but of course slept in separate tents).

10. First time moving-to another state!

Our Anniversary was last weekend, October 7. It was Conference Weekend (which I loved by the way but that is another post). Saturday night we went out to eat at Olive Garden, one of my favorites. After we were seated it took 20 minutes for someone to come order us drinks and give us bread, so another server took it upon himself to take care of us, and he gave us a free appetizer. It was yummy!

Sunday was our Anniversary so after Conference we took off. I had been told to pack a bag but wasn't told where we were going. Chris took me to Coeur d' Alane and we stayed at a place right on the lake. It was beautiful. Each room was themed and had a hot tub. Ours was ocean themed. Chris said it was like 7th on his list but all the rest were booked. It was pretty fun. Sunday evening we took a walk along the lake and then had a nice evening together. We even watched a little Full House. haha. Monday morning we got up and went to Newport because Chris wanted to see his Grandpa Leiser's grave. Then we went to Priest River where he used to go visit his grandparents. For those of you who don't know, Chris lived in Spokane until he was about 10 years old. His dad was in the Air Force, along with his Grandpa and two Uncles. Chris' family, his dad's sister and his dad's brother and their families all lived on the base at the same time. They visited their grandparent's in Priest River all the time, where his dad grew up. I've seen home videos that were taken at his Grandpa's so it was kind of neat to see where it took place. Anyway, here are some pics from our trip:

This pic turned out dark. :(


Chris made me this scrapbook of all of our "firsts." He even used my Cricut Cutter and everything. It was very sweet and I was very touched. 


I made this book for Chris of all the reasons why I love him: he holds my hand when we go places, he is so funny and makes me laugh, he is a handyman, does laundry and dishes (probably more than I do), loves Saved By the Bell (or SBTB at our house), opens the door for me, etc. I put cute little stick figures on each page that I found on the internet, and I had to draw a few myself. I thought it turned out pretty good.



My friend Garnet from work brought us this super yummy cheesecake and adorable Halloween decoration. I thought that was so sweet and it was so yummy!



Well I know I say this all the time but I have to say that I love Chris so much and am so glad I found him. I can't imagine life without him. We had a great First Anniversary and I am excited for the many more, and an Eternity, we get to spend together.

1 comment: