Friday, November 18, 2011

Attack of the Rooster

Well sleep time at our house since we got married has been a little interesting. Chris warned me beforehand that sometimes he wakes up finding himself standing in the middle of his room not knowing what the heck he was doing, but I did not know what I was in for. Our wedding night was the first eye opener and it only got worse from there. He was talking to our photographer in his sleep (who was also Chris' good friend from high school). I was a little jealous, you know, wishing that he was thinking of me. Although later in the night he did say "you look great," and we will just assume he was talking to me. :) Other times I have caught him getting up to "clean up the garbage" or put the clothes in the dryer, and once he was talking to what I think was a dog, wanting it to come to him. There's usually no reasoning or talking to him while he's asleep, but he usually wakes up after a second and goes back to bed. This is the best one though-One night I had just fallen asleep (after being awake for like 3 hours), only to be woken up by Chris slapping me in the face like 4 times. I yelled "ow!" and yelled for him to stop. He woke up right away and realized what he was doing and immediately apologized. He felt really bad. He then told me how he was dreaming that he was in a chicken coop (for those of you who don't know there is a chicken coop, with chickens, and a turkey, and birds, and llamas, and goats, and all sorts of animals at his dad's house where he lived before we got married). Anyway he was in a chicken coop being attacked by a rooster, and so he was hitting it back, but actually was hitting my face. It wasn't hard, just startled me more than anything. I told him I need to wear a face mask when we go to bed. A couple weeks later he dreamed that there was a cat on his neck, and he whipped his head around really fast to get it off, and hit me in the head again (also after I had just fallen asleep). haha.

I like to give him a hard time about this, but the last few days he's been entertained as well. The other night I was really sick during the night and had taken a bunch of stuff to try to feel better and apparently it made me a little loopy. He was very very excited to tell me first thing when we woke up that I asked him to take the chicken pot pie out of the oven at 2 am. Also I said something about a bicycle and the garage. Random, I know. A couple nights ago I was out of it after I had taken a sleeping pill. Usually if I take one then I do it right before I'm going to go to sleep. But for some reason we were still awake for awhile and I started doing weird things, which I vaguely remember but I couldn't stop. I kept laughing hysterically and telling Chris that he had 4 eyes. Also apparently I was telling him I loved him like every 10 seconds. At least I wasn't talking about our photographer. :) It sure has made for some good stories, though, that's for sure!


1 comment:

Halfords said...

We have had some funny things like that! I'm always afraid of my kids doing things like that. Scares me!