Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a really good Thanksgiving. It started off with me bringing Jenna, Kade, and Kalan home with me from Twin Wednesday night. Jenna and I went to Harry Potter because neither of us had gotten to see it yet, and the boys stayed home with Grandma. Jenna and I both really enjoyed Harry Potter! Tysi and Chad both came Thursday morning. Thursday morning Jenna and the boys had fun playing out in the snow and building a snowman. Thursday afternoon we ate a yummy dinner and just relaxed. My aunt Bev and her kids Sam, Zach, and Sydney came over. Sydney, Kelsi, Jenna, and I watched Back to the Future. Poor deprived Kelsi and Jenna had never seen it. Friday I had to work :( and everyone else stayed home and did some more relaxing, with a little bit of Black Friday shopping mixed in there I think. That night some of us girls watched a chick flick, and we all snacked on pie, popcorn, and muddy buddies. mmm... Saturday we went up in the mountains and cut down some Christmas trees. We got one for Chad, one for Tysi, and one for my mom and I. I had never done it before and I always here the stories from my siblings of how they used to cut down a tree every year before I was born and how fun it was. I have to say I was a little dissapointed because I ended up sitting a lot in the snow and sitting a lot in the car with some little kids, but it was still fun to all be together. I think all the little boys had a blast sledding. Halli and Landon weren't that impressed either I don't think. I don't think they loved being so bundled up and out in the cold. Anyway, it still turned out to be a good day. We went home and all watched yet another movie. There was a lot of football watching going on throughout the weekend as well. Tysi and Ron left Saturday night and Chad and Fran left Sunday morning. I went to my branch correlation meeting and then went to church with my mom, which was a nice change. Sunday night a bunch of family came over for dinner. My aunt Shirley, and cousins Alisen, Lizzie, and Brandon were stuck here on their way back to Utah because of the roads, and my Uncle Kevin and Aunt Beverly were here visiting from Arizona. All of us cousins played a rousing game of pit and then of course played some Super Mario Brothers Wii. My nephews will be glad to here we passed the whole 7th world. :) It was really fun seeing everyone. Halli and Landon are both at such fun ages and as an added bonus, they both adore me. :)
Here are just some fun pics from the weekend:









We had a very nice Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for my wonderful family. We missed Kelby and Amy who couldn't travel because Amy is so close to having her baby, Brock and Kris who thankfully will be home from Boston for Thanksgiving next year, and of course good ol' Kyler, who says he had a great Thanksgiving in the great state of Texas.

1 comment:

Dani said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I feel bad I missed out on all the fun. Yeah, I agree there's a lot of hype to going to the mountains to get your own Christmas tree. Last year was the first year we didn't do that, and really I didn't miss it.