Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

Here's a quick recap of the last couple weeks, in no particular order.

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:

  • more than 12 fantastic presents




I was definitely spoiled this year. My mom gave me an iPod touch, which I was not expecting. I LOVE it! My dad also gave me an emergency jump starter, which I have been wanting. I leave my headlights on way too often and kill the battery. Now I won't have to call my brother-in-law Ron to come jump my car anymore at work. :)

  • 11 different treats to eat...we definitely had a lot of good food this week!

  • 10 nieces and nephews....but we missed Brock, Kris, Taylee, Porter, Amy, and Luke! (The pic of Taylor and Ian was supposed to go up here too, but it's in the wrong order.)



  • 9 hours of card games (we played lots of games throughout the week). Ilearned how to play Monopoly Deal, and Bananagrams, both of which I loved. You know me, I'm down for a good game.

  • After 8 hours of work on the Tuesday after Christmas I met my friend Amy at Cafe Rio in Twin (one of my favorite places!) It was nice to see her again. We always have nice chats. Once again though, I failed to get a picture.

  • 7 days with family...We got together at my Aunt Bev's house Christmas Eve and played games and such. Christmas Day Tysi and Chad and their families came. Monday night we got together again at my Aunt Lora's house. My Uncle Kendall and his family were coming through on their way to Utah. Chad left Monday and Tysi left Tuesday. Tuesday night Kelby came with Taylor and Ian. He had to work in Twin Wednesday and Thursday and brought the boys since they are out of school. Amy and the new baby didn't come because the baby is still pretty little. Wednesday I stayed home with Taylor and Ian. They left Friday morning and Friday night we went out to Bev's again for New Year's Eve. My cousin Lindsay has been visiting from Chicago, so it was good to see her and her family again. We had a great time with family this week!


Katelyn, Jamie, Me, and Sydney on New Year's Eve


Lindsay and I on New Year's Eve


My mom and her two sisters Lora and Beverly.


Taylor and Ian after opening their new shirts and lego helicoptors from Grandma.

Halli and I after church Sunday. The stinker cried if we took her pacifier away. :)




Chad's family after church.


Tysi's famly after church.


  • 6 presents to buy (I had fun buying presents this year since I actually had money. When I was in school I was usually flat broke by December.)

  • 5 days of strep throat....I started getting a sore throat on Wednesday the week before Christmas. I went to work Thursday thinking I was ok but ended up leaving at noon. By the time I got home I had a fever, chills, and body aches, along with a very sore throat. I went to the Evening Medical Clinic since Dr. Wells was full. I was there for 3 1/2 hours! I got there at 5:00 and they open at 5:30. There were four people in front of me but it still took forevor. They gave my a shot in the leg, and when I got home I cried like a baby. In the middle of the night I threw up a little and Friday I slept most of the day and threw up a little again Friday night. Saturday I finally started to feel better, and by Monday I was back to work. It was not fun!

  • 4 dozen gingerbread cookies...We went to St. Anthony when my sister-in-law Amy was having her baby. She had already made dough but had not had time to make the cookies so my mom and I made them with Taylor and Ian. It made a ton!..but they were very tasty!


  • 3 days with my new baby nephew Luke...we went down Thursday night (the 9th) and he was born the 10th. He is so sweet and so cute. This picture was taken the next day. Taylor and Ian adore him. Ian kept saying, "Jill I think baby Luke wants to cuddle with me now."


  • 2 Christmas trees....as I mentioned in a previous post, we went in the mountains and cut down a tree. We still used our artificial tree and put the real one in our basement. It was fun having two trees!




  • and 1 awesome phone call with my missionary brother Kyler! My mom and I talked to him for about an hour and 45 minutes Christmas morning. He was quite the chatter box. I probably talked to him for about a half hour. He sounds really good and is doing really well. This picture was taken at his last transfer day. There's a lady who takes pics at transfer day and posts them on facebook, so I look through them every once in awhile and find pictures of Kyler. He is on the bottom left of this pic.

Well, that was my Christmas! I love this time of year and am so thankful the opportunity to remember the birth of our Savior. It's my New Year's Resolution to remember Him more throughout the year, and not just at Christmas.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! It was great to see you guys.

Lindsay said...

What a great Christmas...all except the getting a sore throat part. :) It was so good to see you Jiller. I miss you!