Monday, June 8, 2015

Girls Camp 2015

Because my calling in church is in Young Women, I got to go to Girl's Camp this year. This was my first time going as a leader. My calling is the Beehive Advisor, meaning I teach the lessons on Sunday to the 12-13 year old girls. I loved getting to get to know all the other girls better too. I have some very cherished memories of Girl's Camp and the wonderful girls and leaders I went with, I hope that these girls will remember me as well and that I can make a difference in their lives. I was impressed with girls' willingness to work and help each other, and it was so wonderful being around their wonderful spirits and hearing and seeing their testimonies.



 I was in charge of 2 crafts for the girls to do while we were there. Surprise! I cut out the words "Be YOU Tiful" on my Cricut and brought them each a piece of 2 x 4 and some paint. They painted their wood and then modge podged the words on. They loved it and they turned out really cute. 

A couple days later we did the second craft. I brought them all a picture frame, a knob, and some lace and they painted the frames, and the glued the knob and lace on, with some ribbon to hang it on the wall. It is a jewelry hanger. They also loved that and I think they had lots of fun.

One of the days the girls did a challenge course. They went through different team work obstacles. We didn't get to go with them, because they wanted to girls to work through them without their leaders' help, but we did get to do that last part while we waited for them, which was a ropes course. We climbed up a pole, walked across a log, and then slid down on a zip line. It was really fun and I was really proud of all the girls who did it. Some even did it blindfolded!



One day we went on a 5 mile hike with the whole stake. It was fun walking and talking with he girls and the view at the top was very worth it.



 There was a moose and her baby wandering around our campground the whole time and we saw it a few times pretty close up. 












These girls are so silly and fun, but so spiritual at the same time. Our theme was about being a virtuous woman, and I know they all already are, and will grow up to be great examples to those around them!

No comments: