Sunday, June 7, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015


Last week there was a carnival in town so I talked Chris into taking me down and riding the ferris wheel. I love ferris wheels, don't know why. I guess I think they are romantic. :) Love my cute husband!



We decided to go home for Memorial Day, and after the fact we realized that no one was really going to be there for most of the weekend, but we went anyway. Chris' mom and step dad went to Yellowstone and came back Sunday night. His dad and stepmom were gone and came back Saturday evening. None of my cousins came and my aunts and uncles were leaving town. But we really needed to get out of town. Saturday we did a little shopping in the morning, and then we saw Chris' brother Robby and his girlfriend. Then I went and saw my friends Sarah and Melissa who I worked with in Twin. I miss them so much. Melissa's daughter was having a birthday was having a birthday party at the new park in Twin so I went down there and hung out for awhile while Chris went and saw his brothers and cousin. I'm mad I forgot to get a picture with them. Later we had ice cream with my roommate Amy who is from Twin and was in town. It was really good to get to see friends who we normally don't have time to see. 


We went to Chris' grandparent' house and visited with them, and then swam for awhile in his Aunt and Uncle's new pool, who live next door. That night we went and had dinner at Chris' dad's. Sunday we went to church and then saw his mom later when she got home. Monday we met Chris' family at the cemetery to put flowers on graves. We stopped in Burley to see my brother Kelby and his family. 
 
 Before we left town for good we stopped at the Heyburn Cemetery and saw my Grandma and Grandpa Hellewell's graves and my mom's three sisters. It wouldn't be Memorial Day if we didn't. 


Definitely not a Memorial Day I am used to, but it was fun anyway. I'm glad we got to spend so much time with Chris' family, and whit people we don't get a lot of time to see. 

No comments: