Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 4th 2015

I went and stayed with my mom for the first 11 days of July while my brother Kelby went to scout camp and his wife spent time with her sister who was in town. Kyler and Steph were there the first couple of days, and then Chris came the afternoon of the 3rd and stayed the whole weekend, so we got to celebrate the 4th together. We hung out with my mom during the day, then in the afternoon we drove to Twin and spend about an hour with his mom and brothers. Wish we could have spent more time there! They had lunch at the boat docks on his grandparent's property, right above Shoshone Falls. Afterwards I think they were going to play some volleyball, but we had to leave to get back to my mom. It was nice to see them though.




Love all these little girls so much!








Calvry was kayaking.

That night we went to Heyburn and watched the Burley Fireworks with Chris' friend and old roommate and his family. We basically had front row seats. It was the best view. And it was good to see Garrett and Maddie for a few minutes.

Chris left Sunday and I stayed the whole next until Saturday. I was nice being able to spend so much time with my mom again. During the week I got to go Rupert and have lunch with my friends Carrie and Liz. Carrie and I lived together for a year in college too. Really wish I lived closer. It was so fun, I wish I could see them more. I will get to see them again at my 10 year High School Reunion (gasp!). I know, it doesn't seem like I'm that old. Or maybe it does, I'm not sure. :) I got back on Saturday the 11th, and the next Monday Chris left to go on a 50 Mile Hike with the Young Men in our ward. As part of his calling as a counselor in the Young Men's Presidency, he got to go. He was really looking forward to it for months. They were gone until Saturday. He came back very smelly and very sore, but he had a lot of fun.




I feel like we spent about a month of the summer apart, so now we need to get with the program and do some things together! :)

No comments: