Monday, July 29, 2013

Lake Cleveland

A couple weeks ago Chris and I flew to Boise (yes we flew because we hate taking that long drive)! Chris' mom picked us up and took us to Twin and then we drove my brother-in-law Ron's car to Burley. My brother Kyler and his wife were there and we had fun staying up talking and laughing. The next day we got up and packed up the car and after Kyler and Chris ended up replacing the battery in my mom's van we finally we were off. We went up to a place called Twin Lakes, near Lake Cleveland. I don't know why it's called Twin Lakes, because the only lake I know of is Lake Cleveland, but anyway, when we first got there and got out of the car it was COLD and WINDY! Basically I spent the whole day in my sister's trailer.






Around late afternoon/evening the raining stopped and the wind died down and we ventured outside. We had a yummy dutch oven dinner. The kids were in heaven running around throwing throwing rocks in the water and the cold did not seem to bother them.





 My brother Chad brought a piece of garden hose that was put inside a brass pipe and it made the fire change colors. It was pretty cool. 

 The next morning it was bright and sunny and the weather was finally cooperating. 
 Kyler was up to his old tricks, and according to Landon, it was "amazing."


 We climbed a couple big rocks next to our campsite. 

 I rode my bike for awhile with a couple of my brothers and their kids and my mom. I didn't make it up the hill, so I had to turn around and go back, but I'm blaming it on my bike and the gears not working right (not that I'm not in shape) :)
 Chris and I had to drive to the top of Mount Harrison to get service to make a phone call and of course had to take a picture of this view.

 Kelsi and Jenna were so proud of themselves for getting two people on one bike.
 This girl cracks me up!
 After taking this picture, I realized my twelve year old nephew is taller than me! I can't believe he's twelve!
 Later that afternoon we went to the lake and canoed and rafted. The weather was a little colder then, but it was still fun.

 Chris and I hiked up the side of the hill that was right on the lake. We didn't make it quite to the top because it was too steep, but I was impressed we made it so far. And it was a really pretty view as well. I love Lake Cleveland.







The next morning we got up and packed everything up and went back to my mom's. That afternoon Chris and I went and had dinner with my Dan and Shana and Brock and Kristina went as well. That night I talked everyone into playing a couple games of Bunco which was fun. Chris and I left the next morning back to Twin and went to church in Hansen and saw his friends, cousins, and sister. Then we went to his Grandma's who was having a birthday dinner for his uncle so a lot more of his family came and we were able to see his mom, brother Ryan, and more cousins. Sad we couldn't stay too long but we had to get back to Boise to catch our flight. Chris' dad and stepmom drove us back and we had a nice visit with them. It was so fun being with all my siblings and their families for a few days. In a couple weeks we are driving to the Tetons and camping with Chris' mom and his siblings. We are really excited!

No comments: