Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cutting and Sewing

I was going through some clothes and found some shirts that I hadn't worn in a long time. Instead of getting rid of them, I decided to try to use a couple Pinterest ideas I had seen and remake them!

For this one I had a Down East shirt with lace on the bottom, and another gray shirt that is too big so I never wear it. I cut the lace off the bottom and sewed ruffles on the front with the lace, and material from the other shirt. It also has a tie that goes around to the back, I thought it turned out all right!


I got this idea off of Pinterest as well. I had an old cami from Down East that I cut up to make the ruffles, along with some white lace. Then I sewed them onto another white Down East shirt I had. I like how it turned out!


I also learned how to make these flowers, out of the material from the gray shirt. I haven't figured out what I want to do with them yet, but I think they are so cute!



I have been wanting to make something like this for awhile, but didn't have a cursive font for my Cricut that I liked well enough. Every week the Cricut website has a free cut that is available for a week, and a couple weeks ago this font was it. I bought an old frame from Goodwill and stained it darker, and cut the vinyl out myself. I love how it turned out. It looks great above our bed!


Chris always said that if I didn't have to work, I would probably sew and make crafts all day, and he is probably right. I have really loved doing these kinds of things since I got married (and since I got a Cricut Cutter). I'm almost done with a quilt I have been working on for several months, and I am really proud of it! I feel blessed to know that I can make our house our home with this new found love. I am so thankful to my mom for teaching the basics of sewing, making crafts, cooking, etc. Because of the things she taught me I have been able to learn even more!

2 comments:

lizharmon said...

Those are all so cute! I've decided that I'm going to start doing lots of crafts now that I know I'll be sick for awhile. This gives me some motivation to look at my closet!

Jess and Paul said...

those shirts are way cute! You almost make me want to know how to sew :)