Sunday, November 18, 2012

Don't worry, we're alive.

Well I just thought that I would write a quick update about our life here in Spokane. I've posted about some things we have done here but lots of people ask me how I like my job and how Chris likes school.
So, to answer those questions we are beginning to like it more and more. I actually thought it would be much harder living away from family than it has been. Probably because I have such a great husband who I get to be with all the time. We are getting to know more people in our ward and beginning to really like it. I like my job pretty good. I have some long days sometimes, but its much easier to handle those days now that I'm not constantly sick. I work with really great people too so that makes it easier. Chris is doing well in school. He very busy and a little stressed at the moment, but I think he likes it.
Don't get me wrong, there are days I wish we were back in Twin. There are days when I really wish I could just see my mom, or times I think of all our adorable nieces and nephews and how we're missing all of their cuteness! Ryan and Amanda's little girl Evelyn is walking now, and I would have loved to see little Halli in her witch costume on Halloween. My mom told me today how my nephew Luke is talking so much. Pictures sometimes just don't seem like enough. I miss having my sister a few blocks from me, and Chris' mom right next door, and his dad just up the road. I miss being able to see my mom anytime I want. I miss walking two houses to church. (We drive 4 miles now). I miss being able to be anywhere in 10-15 minutes. I really miss everyone I used to work with. They were such a big part of my life the last 2 years and wonderful friends. It's also hard being away when big things happen. For example my Uncle George (who is really my Great Uncle), had a stroke about a month ago and we didn't think he'd make it even a few days. I was sick realizing that I will probably miss his funeral. He paid me a dollar when I was little if I could say my ABC's backwards, and I still can to this day. He always corrects you if you say "yeah" instead of "yes." He took my cousin Danielle and I to The City of Rocks once with his Granddaughter and we heard him say "yeah!" He paid my cousin Jamie and I to clean his carpets a couple summers ago when neither of us had jobs. He was in Young Men's when he was like 90. I think he is around 94 now. He is doing ok right now, so who knows, maybe he'll live to be 100!
Anyway, things really are going well. We really are grateful that Chris is in school and will be done in 18 months. We are so thankful I was able to find a full time job with benefits. And it's been nice being in a new place, meeting new people, and seeing new things.
I have been feeling really good. It's so nice to not constantly be sick. I have not been able to gain any more weight but I'm going to start trying really hard again. I have mustered up some motivation so we'll see how that goes. :) I know that it's important for me to gain weight if I want to be able to get pregnant, (which is still a ways away, btw). Anyway, I am still recovering and getting stronger, but things are so much better than they were. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that I'm getting healthy again.
So I guess that sums up our life right now. We are super excited to be able to go home for Thanksgiving in 3 days! Yay!

2 comments:

Dani said...

thanks for the update Jill! Glad to hear things are going well in WA. Hopefully we'll get to see you over the break. V-ball on Friday? :)

Halfords said...

My aunt, uncle and cousins live in spokane. I wonder if any of them are in your ward. What ward are you in?