Thursday, April 5, 2012

Oh What a Lucky Girl Am I



I just wanted to post this picture I found on my mom's camera from our wedding luncheon. I hadn't seen any pictures from the dinner so I was excited. Mostly I just wanted everyone to know what a wonderful husband I have. I never commented on the post he wrote. How sweet was that?! I told him he can hack this blog anytime he wants. :) Anyway, he is pretty special and I don't know what I would have done without him these past 6 months, especially the last month. He is doing so good managing and organizing all the bills we are getting, cleaning, laundry, and anything I ask him. It's lots of work for me to get up and even get a drink of water (although I am trying to as often as I can), and he is always willing to jump up and get me whatever I need. Oh how I love him. :)

I am still trying to muster up the energy to write more about the hospital, but it will come eventually. I am continuing to do a little better everyday, but it is slow. Yesterday was a little rough for some reason. I decided I just need to keep up with my pain medicine better and not try to do so much. The physical therapist came today and gave me some exercises to do to get stronger (mostly with my legs). The occupational therapist is who will work with my arm and they are coming tomorrow. I saw Dr. Smith today and he was pretty concerned about it. He emphasized that I need to be my own advocate and make sure I'm getting the therapy I need for it. He even suggested seeing an orthopedic dr, and the PT today said seeing a neurologist might not be a bad idea. So maybe I will end up seeing one of those, I need to ask the OT what they think. Dr. Smith said my incision looked ok. He was concerned about infection just like to doctors in SL, and said to watch it good. I think it is looking better so I'm not too worried.

I got my glasses today and they are way cute! I will have to take a picture and post it soon. Also got a new phone in the mail (the same one I had before because we had insurance on it). We had to pay the deductible and found out the hospital will reimburse us if we provide a receipt. Same with the iPod so we ordered one so that they will reimburse us. It was great to find out the hospital was willing to replace everything though!

So once again I have to remember the blessings in my life. I am so thankful for all the wonderful people who have been there for us. Lots of people sent/brought gifts. You'd be surprised how much material things can brighten your day when you're in the hospital! Even little things like a keychain from Lagoon that lights up with your name on it from your 5 year old niece, or a slap bracelet flower watch from the Primary Children's gift shop that a certain wonderful husband was persuaded to buy (so cute-I will post a pic of that too)! I received LOTS of other fun stuff too-flowers, pajamas, shirts, lotion and shower gel, books, socks, Easter decorations, stuffed animals, a Willow Tree figurine, treats to eat, and there's probably more that I'm forgetting. Basically I'm spoiled and people like me way too much. :)

I also wanted to throw in a little exciting news that during all of this Chris was accepted to both grad school programs that he applied to for Health Care Administration. He talked about it a little in the post he wrote. He was accepted to Penn State and Washington State. We haven't decided for sure where we will be in the fall, but we are close to making a final decision. I am so pround of Chris for working hard and getting into grad school (good schools too)! I will be sad to move but I'm excited to get on with the next part if our lives. Once again, I have a wonderful husband who is working hard to provide for me which I have always wanted in a husband. That way someday I can stay home and be a mom. I am the luckiest girl around.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I'm so glad you two found each other. Tell Chris congrats on grad school!! That's super excitig! Although I will miss you when you move so far away.

p.s. I was thinking the other day - I don't know if you heard how we got 20% off our hospital bills from when I had Jack? All I did was ask if they give discounts - anyways you can call me if you have questions, I just thought I'd mention it since I assume you'll have some hospital bills coming your way.

Lorraine said...

Congratulations to Chris! Wish I was closer so I could help you feel better.