Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Good Life

We had a great weekend last weekend. My mom, Chris, and I went to Utah on Thursday afternoon. First on Thursday, my mom and I went to my cousin Danielle's baby shower. Chris went and hung out with all the guys. The shower was fun. I won a prize for getting the closest to guessing prices of baby items. The funny thing is I almost didn't even do it because I had no inkling of an idea of how much baby food and such costs, so I totally just guessed, and I won. :) Here is Danielle opening up some presents. You can't even tell she's pregnant and she's due in October.

The next day was Family Reunion Day. It started off with breakfast at 10 am at my Uncle Parley and Aunt Marilynn's. Then a big blow up slide showed up that was there for the rest of the day. The kids had a blast on it ALL day. I did go down it a few times. Here I am with my cousins Lindsay, Danielle (still can't tell she's pregnant) and Sydney. We also played some volleyball, as always.





Chris and I got tired of the sun after several hours and went inside and fell asleep on the couch. Danielle was sneaky with my camera and took this picture.




Here is my nephew Ian going down the slide. Doesn't that look so exciting?? It was actually pretty entertaining to watch. I should have put pictures up of my guy cousins around my age going down it-like 5 of them at once. They're crazy.




That night even more people came and we had dinner. My mom and 8 of her siblings who were there all got up after dinner and talked about things my Grandma had written in her journals. My Grandma Hellewell kept a journal pretty much every day of her life since she was about 7 years old. Each person took a year in the 1950's and talked about it. My mom talked about things that happened the year she was born. It was pretty interesting. My mom has a CD with a lot of the journals scanned onto it. I think it's pretty cool.



The next day my cousin Lizzie got married in the Mount Timpenogas temple. While all the "adults" went to the luncheon, we stayed at the house and Chris and I played a good game of The Settlers of Catan with my cousin Katie. (She won). Then Chris and I went to Trafalga (a family fun center) and played Miniature Golf. (He won).




Afterwards we went and saw Lizzie come out of the temple and took pictures with our family. We stopped and took this pic as we were leaving.




We did find a little time to go to the mall for about hour and look at wedding dresses, skirts, ties, etc. Just to get an idea of what we want. :) That night we went to the reception which was held at my Uncle Lester and Aunt Kathy's house. This is a bunch of my cousins who were there. Lots of good memories with these guys growing up. :)











Katie and I, awww...somehow she didn't make it into the last picture.






Here are just some fun pictures we took after the reception....my momma and nephews Ian and Taylor.


















This last pic is Sunday after church.




It was a great weekend and I enjoyed seeing lots of family that I had not seen in far too long. I figured out that there were 12 of my cousins not there, along with one Uncle and 4 of my siblings, meaning only 16 of the 50 grandkids were not there. I was also glad Chris was able (and willing) to come and meet more of my family.

2 comments:

SAYDA said...

Love all the pictures. Looks like you had a fabulous time. Perfect, little couple Jill.

Dani said...

good times for sure! I still need to update my blog about that weekend...the thought of it overwhelms me though since I have a bazillion pics to sort through. Maybe I'll just put a link to your blog ;)