Sunday, November 3, 2013

October!

Well we have had a pretty eventful month. First of all, we got a PIANO! I have been wanting a real piano for a long time. This Clavinova electric piano is actually what I started learning the piano on when I was 7 years old. 3 or 4 years later, we got a real piano. I took the Clavinova with me to college and when I got married, but it is a good 19 or 20 years old and just doesn't sound good anymore, and it's not a full sized key board. Every Sunday after playing the piano in Relief Society I would come home and tell Chris that we needed a real piano, because it was so much easier and sounded so much better. Of course we couldn't spend money on a new one, so I started checking Craigslist and one day I found one posted for $50…I didn't think it would be in very good condition if they were selling it for that cheap but I called anyway. It was at a Presbyterian church and they just wanted it out of the room it was in. It sounds really good and I LOVE it. Chris has had to tell me to stop playing when it gets late so I don't wake up the kids who live above us. He made a rule that I can't play after 9. haha. 




We also had our 2 year anniversary (I know!) See my next post about that.  :)

Just some pretty fall colors in Spokane :) 



Here are our pumpkins we carved this year. I did the witch and Minnie Mouse, and Chris did the Headless "Horsie"
Last year Chris and I didn't dress up for our ward Halloween party and we were one of the only ones who didn't, so we decided we better this year. We came up with Mary Poppins and Bert the chimney sweeper. Everyone loved it and we got lots of compliments. 
That night my sister Tysi stayed the night at our house with her husband and 3 youngest kids. They had been in Coeur d' Alane for a wedding. We were glad to have them, even if for such a short time. They left the next morning when we left for church. I asked my niece Halli what her favorite color was, and she said, "Purple." I said, "Then why do you have a pink bedroom?" She said, "Because it has to match the curtains!" Haha, she is funny.




We also got invited to a Halloween party with some friends/other young couples in the ward. I made some treats to bring. The invitation was really cute. It was a Hershey bar wrapped in masking tape to look like a mummy. I also whipped up these cute wooden pumpkins this year. Chris couldn't tell they were pumpkins, but he doesn't know what he is talking about. :)




 We played some fun games, including trying to get an oreo from your forehead to your mouth without touching it, and bobbing for apples. Later we played cards which was really fun too. Chris and I weren't too great at the oreo thing, we did pretty good at bobbing for apples (I was the first girl to actually dip my whole face in right away and get the apple), and I did really good at the card game, of course. :)


On Halloween day I wore this cute little witch hat to work and got lots of compliments on it, too. :)


Today I took down most of my Halloween decorations and put up some Thanksgiving stuff, but feel I don't have enough, haha. I feel another craft coming on. :) We are excited for the Holidays, although we don't get to go home for Thanksgiving this year. We will be able to go home for more than a week at Christmas though, which we are VERY excited about. I think that this will be the longest I have ever gone without seeing my mom! I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it….

Other than that, things have been pretty normal. I have been battling a sinus infection all week, which is a common side effect from the newest medication that I am taking, but I am feeling lots better today. 

Anyway, here is a smile from me….and Chris. :)





1 comment:

Taryn said...

Having a piano is the BEST! My dad surprised me a couple months ago with having the piano I grew up with sent to our new house!! Seriously, it has been amazing having a piano in our home. I swear it is one of the best ways to bring the spirit into a home. I understand your joy about getting a real piano, it makes all the difference. Your new piano looks super nice(: And CONGRATS on 2 years! That's awesome!