Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pre Wedding Notes

Well believe it or not the time finally came and I got married. :) I thought I would catch up a bit on a few things before the big day. I had two bridal showers, one in Twin and one in Burley. Most of those pictures are on my mom's camera because mine wasn't cooperating very well, but here are a couple. First I had the shower in Twin given by Chris' stepmom, mom, sisters, and sisters-in-law. It was really fun and really nice of them to do that. A bunch of his family (cousins, aunts, grandma, etc) came and a couple girls from work. Then one of my best friends Carrie gave me a shower in Burley. It was really fun and I got lots of great stuff. :) I will have to post pics later when I get them from my mom.

Here is a pic of Halli and I after the shower in Burley. She was being so adorable right up until I wanted a picture and then she decided to stop smiling, but isn't she still so cute?
This is me and my cousin Jamie. I love this girl!
One weekend a couple weeks before the wedding, my friend Jamie came and stayed at my house. She moved to Burley in January of this year and we became instant friends. She moved back to Utah in June and I have missed her so much. She came back so we could spend quality time together before the big day. We watched While You Were Sleeping (her all time favorite movie too, so I think we were meant to find each other.)

Other than that things before the wedding were just a big blur. We were so busy planning all the last minute details. It was so busy but so fun!

The week before we got married was conference. I have to admit I didn't get a whole lot out of it this time. Chris came to Burley Saturday and Sunday to watch it with me and we sat on the couch the whole weekend and watched all the sessions, but I was not feeling well. I remember a couple of the talks that I really liked, but the rest I am going to have to go back and read. I don't know what the problem has been. I hadn't felt well for a couple weeks before conference, and then on Saturday it got really bad. I was sick all day. Chris and my brother Kelby gave me a blessing after the first session. I just was still so sick so I called good ol' Dr. Smith who recommended I go the the ER. So we went and ended up being there for about 5 hours. It was great. haha. I was convinced I had some sort of bowel obstruction (I have had them before and know what they feel like) but they couldn't find anything like that. I was dehydrated so they gave me a bunch of fluid. I had also lost 7 or 8 pounds in the last couple weeks due to a poor appetite and just not feeling good. My mom and Chris were doing all they could to get me to eat but I would just get sick whenever I ate. Anyway, they gave me stuff for pain and nausea and sent me home. We spent all of the next day on the couch as well, but seeing as I was hopped up on percocet, I don't remember a whole lot. Poor Chris had a glimpse of what he was getting himself into. I was crying at times it hurt so bad. I was getting really worried because I was supposed to get married in a week and didn't want to be sick, but I guess it was better it happened then and not a week later. I was so thankful to have Chris there and be with me though. He is always so concerned and caring. I love him. :) That Monday I went and saw Dr. Smith again and he started me on prednisone again. I wasn't too happy about it but it was a pretty low dose. I know it helped though because I started feeling better right away and that week before the wedding was much better. At that point I had been on a couple antibiotics for a few days that the nurse practitioner at the U of U started me on and they hadn't helped, so unfortunately I'm pretty sure it was the prednisone that did the trick. I was able to go through the week before the wedding and feel much better, and I felt good on our trip for the most part. I would like to get off the prednisone as soon as possible. I have an appointment at the University of Utah again on November 1, so we will see what they say too. I appreciated everyone's prayers for me though and I know it helped me feel better for the big day!

1 comment:

GrandmaBev said...

Jill,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Kevin and Beverly