Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Best Day Ever!!

Well I am am finally posting about my wedding day! It was pretty much the best day ever. The only thing that could have made it better was the weather, but I guess it made it more memorable. :) I have been praying since June that it would not be freezing cold on October 7. I could take chilly, or cloudy, overcast, or lots of things, but I didn't want it raining or really super windy. It rained for about 3 days straight prior to, but it wasn't raining when we came out of the temple thank goodness. Although they had the sprinklers on right when we walked out and they were pelting everyone, but that's ok. Anyway, we survived and I think that we still got some good pictures.

The temple ceremony was beautiful. We were blessed to have President Young from the temple presidency seal us. This man holds a very special place in my heart. He was the bishop of our ward when we moved into the ward when I was 4 years old. Soon after he became our Stake President. Right before I turned 16 he was called to be the stake Patriarch and gave me my patriarchal blessing the day after my 16th birthday. His wife was my Young Woman leader on more than one occasion. I remember many wednesday night activities in their home and other activities eating Sister Young's delicious homemade rolls! They are both such wonderful people who are such a great example to me. I was so thankful that President Young could seal us.

We had many friends and family there-it was so fun to have so many people there. After the ceremony we took pictures outside the temple for awhile before going to the luncheon. My mom and cousin Danielle and her husband Brandt stuck around while we took pictures. Danielle kept letting me use her coat in between pictures and Brandt carried around my camera and snapped some pictures. He also lifted me up on a ledge to take pictures and actually carried the back of my dress at times so it wouldn't get dirty. I was so thankful to have them there.

Chris' mom and stepmom put on a wonderful luncheon at their church building nearby. We watched a slideshow that my sister-in-law Fran was so nice to make for us. Chris had her add a little surprise by adding some of our text messages over the last few months into the slideshow. I thought it was very sweet and made our video pretty original.

Here are some pics from the wedding day:




The next day we had a reception in Burley. It was nice not having to do everything all in the same day. It made it last longer too. :) I was pretty happy with the way everything turned out. We definitely could not have done it without all the help of our family and friends. We had a few friends and family members who basically took care of the food and I cannot thank them enough. It was a very nice evening and it was fun talking to everyone who came.

I also have to give a shout out to my wonderful mother. She did so much for me during this time that I can never thank her enough. I know that at times I was impatient or grumpy, and maybe even acted a little like a "bridezilla," but she was so willing to help me with anything that I needed. She put hours and hours and hours and hours into this wedding and I am so thankful for her. I know she sacrificed doing a lot of things for herself to make sure that we got everything done. I could not always do a lot while I was gone all day at work everyday, and so she was a life saver. I love my momma!

We also want to thank the rest of our parents and for their help with everything, for the time and money that was put into this. It would not have been possible without them. We love you all very much!!




This is what we left the reception in. The inside of the car was filled with balloons and streamers as well. The really funny thing was Chris' brother tied a whole roll of some streamers (the kind you use for the string of balloons) on the back of the car. When we drove off of course it started to unroll. We stopped at a gas station a couple blocks away to take everything off and you could see the string going clear across the parking lot and across the busy street. Chris started rolling it up because there was a cop right there but it was so long that he stopped and finally broke it off as soon as the cop left. Anyway, it was all so much fun. I loved it and was a little sad that it was all over and that I don't get to wear my pretty dress again. :( haha. More pics of our adventures in the Bahamas to come!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, This was a sweet blog. We enjoyed and loved helping out with everything we could. Shane and I are so happy for you and Chris. You are a great couple and love having you a part of our family.

Linda

Jaylynn said...

You look gorgeous! Love your hair, dress and SHOES! Congrats!

Dani said...

I'm so glad we were able to be there on your special day. You were gorgeous in your dress! Isn't it sad that you only get to wear it twice? They should make a tradition where every few years or so women can get dressed up in their wedding dresses again.

Lorraine said...

Lovely photos. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you.