Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Baby Update

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still trying to have a baby. I know that we have only been trying for 9 months, but we wanted a baby for 2 years before that, and couldn't even try because of my health. So this seems like it is taking so long! 
My OBGYN here said that if I was younger he would tell us to wait a little longer, but because I am 28 (I know!) we could go ahead and start trying some other things. It has been kind of hard lately with both of us being gone so much and being apart, but we have now talked with a fertility doctor and had a couple tests done. So far everything looks good. We are going to do a couple more this month and go from there. 
We read this article last week for Family Home Evening and it helped us to have a renewed hope and to think of some more actions we want to start taking to help us have a baby. 
I love the gospel and the help it gives us through our trials!

If we don't get very far with this, then we may start thinking of Foster Care, because it is so much cheaper to adopt that way. I'm not ready for that yet though. I want a baby so bad, I just don't know if I could handle if a baby got taken away from me right now. Maybe if I already had my own child. We have not made an adoption profile yet, but if anyone knows of a baby that needs some awesome parents, let us know!


I have still been feeling pretty good. My joints have decided to act up again. I had an appointment with the Rheumatologist who wants me to start taking a medication that I stopped taking because we are trying to have a baby. She seems to think it would be fine to take while pregnant, but others doctors have told it's not. She did say that the better your arthritis is controlled, the better the baby will do, but I think I'm going to see if she will give me some steroid shots in my fingers instead. She only does them on Fridays, so I might have to make another trip to SL, but that would be worth it. My stomach has bothered me a little the last month or so, but not bad. I have an appointment in a couple weeks with the GI doctor. I wouldn't be surprised if she says it's time for another scope. I just keep praying that I will keep feeling good so we can get pregnant. :)

2 comments:

sjhalford said...

I hope pregnancy works out for you! If it doesn't and as far as adoption goes, you have to be prepared for it in every way. You have to be ready to accept that child as your own. Spencer and I know our boys are ours and couldn't imagine things any different. Adoption is such a huge, spiritual blessing and can't be thought of as an after thought.

Jill said...

Thanks Jessica. :) We are prepared for adoption if we need to be, and it is definitely not an afterthought. We have only been trying to have a baby for 9 months. and all tests so far have been normal. I was on birth control for 3 years, so this is not uncommon. We were prepared to adopt last year because the doctors said I was not healthy enough to carry a baby, but now that I am healthy, we are pursuing having our own. If we are not able to for some reason, or if pregnancy makes me too sick, we would love to adopt in the future, and of course would love that baby as our own. It's just not something we need to work on right now. If we did need to pursue adoption in the future, it would not be an afterthought, it would just be the next step in growing our family