Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Girl Fun

We planned ahead of time to have my niece Taylee (who just turned 8) to come home with us after the reunion. We are only about 4 1/2 hours from them now. On Thursday I met her mom halfway and her mom picked her up. We had so much fun! We both want to do it again next year.

On Monday Taylee taught me how to make rubber band bracelets and necklaces, and then I taught her how to make bead animals. I used to make a ton of them probably in about the 6th grade. She loved it and we ended up making more later. We went to lunch at McDonald's. We also did some puzzles. That girl loves puzzles as much as I do. That night we played a game of Quirkle with Chris, and Taylee beat us both!



Tuesday we drove to Vernal and got our nails done at the beauty school. We both got pedicures and manicures. I was kind of disappointed that our fingernail polish didn't even last the first day, but oh well. Our glitter toes still look cute! We both had lots of fun. I had never had a pedicure before and it felt sooo good! We also made "lava lamps." I found it on Pinterest. You put vegetable oil and water in a jar, and then add food coloring and an alka seltzer tablet, and then it bubbles like a lava lamp. You can keep putting in more alka seltzer to make it bubble more. We made like 5 of them, we just couldn't help ourselves. :)


Wednesday we made play dough. I haven't used play dough since I was little, it was  fun! After lunch we rode our bikes a few blocks and got snow cones. Then we did another puzzle. I have lots of Disney puzzles and Taylee liked all of them. :) We also made monster cookies that were really yummy right out of the oven! (Monster cookies are peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip, M&M cookies!) 



Thursday morning we played a game, and I made a bead Elsa and Taylee made a bead Anna-that girl LOVES Frozen! Then it was time to pack up and go. Poor girl got car sick and threw up on the way, but then she slept the last hour and half or so. 

It was so fun to get to spend one on one time with her and get to know her better. That girl loves pink just as much as me-we are a match made in heaven!

No comments: