Saturday, February 1, 2014

Christmas in February

I know it's February! But I still wanted to post some pictures from our Christmas! We were able to go home for like ELEVEN days! By far the longest we have ever been able to go home for. We left 2 weeks after my surgery. I was really nervous for the trip, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be....besides the fact that it lasted 12 1/2 hours instead of 8. It snowed the entire time. We drove an average of 40 mph. IT WAS SO LONG! But we made it safe and sound. We had a full car. I don't think one more thing would have fit. Between all my TPN stuff, ostomy supplies, our suitcases, Chris' snowboard, and our electric keyboard that we brought home to give to Kyler, we were packed plum full. But we came home with a lot less. 

We went back and forth from Burley to Twin a lot, and got to see both of our families a lot. It was very fun. I was feeling good most of the time. I would get tired easily, so I had to pace myself, but I was doing much better than I ever expected. The last few days weren't as good, but that's another post. I am so glad to we got be home for so long! We both also go to see a lot of friends. Chris met up with his friends a few times, and we had dinner with a bunch of them our last night there. I saw my bff Amy, (my roommate from ISU), Carrie (Aston) Belnap who I will be forever grateful for, for rescuing me when I desperately needed a friend, and my cousins Lindsay and Danielle! There were some other cousins who I hoped to see but didn't get to, and I never got to see my friends I worked with in Twin, but there is always next time! 

Here are just some pics from our trip:

Playing a game Christmas Eve at Chris' dad's house.

The Shocking Game-it really shocks you!



Jenna with her scarf I made her-I actually made like 15 of these for Christmas gifts! It was fun!
Sidenote-Jenna went to London (yes I said LONDON) to cheer in the London New Year's Day Parade, because she won TOP All American Cheerleader at her cheer camp this summer. Today she also got 1st place today at her Cheer Competition for the individual jump competition (second year in a row)! She's amazing. :)
And cute Luke when he saw what he got Christmas morning.

We took my sisters kids swimming at Chris' Grandma's one night and they had a blast. Even Halli who is afraid of water kept going down the slide and saying "Again! Again!"

We loved seeing Courtney and meeting her husband finally! 
When Evelyn saw Chris for the first time, I was in the bathroom, and the first thing she said to him was "Did Jill come to see me?" Haha, she is adorable! And Damian had lots of fun making funny faces and taking pictures with Chris' phone.

Kyler was up to his old tricks-here he is balancing Luke on his hands. 
Halli and Luke are best friends!

My niece Taylee wanted a picture with me-so sweet!
And I wanted one with my cute hubby!

While we were home, Chris baptized and confirmed his nephew Jayden. He gave a wonderful blessing and it was such a wonderful day.



Love my mom's tree!!!....Please ignore the folding chair. :)


One of the things I look forward to most is when we all exchange gifts. We always draw names with my siblings (actually we just rotate every year, instead of actually "drawing" names. It's nice because I already know who I have next year!) 


Here is all the grandkids minus little Cooper in their new clothes from Grandma!


We also took family pictures with Chris' family. Despite all odds weighing against us (location, weather, time, and our photographer getting the Swine flu,) I think that they turned out cute! 




And last but certainly not least, here is Landon showing off his dancing skills. His mom learned of his amazing talent at his preschool Christmas program when he was dancing it out way more than the kids around him. Haha! We don't know where he got this stuff, but he even does the worm. Can you say Heartbreaker?
They only way I could get it to load was by putting in 2 separate videos.




We ended up driving home on New Year's Eve. We stayed up and watched a movie, but I think we were both asleep at 11:50, haha. I think we were all partied out! 


We probably won't be home again until Chris graduates (which is in 3 months and 2 days, but no one's counting). Woo Hoo! Now THAT is going to be a party!

I have had some ups and downs the last month as far as how I've felt, but that is another post!

No comments: