Monday, May 13, 2013

My Mama!!

Last weekend my mom was able to fly from Boise to Spokane and come visit us for a few days!! It was so fun having her here and being able to show her around Spokane and let her see where I live. The weather and my stomach cooperated and we did lots of fun things!

I picked her up Friday morning and Chris was at work so we went shopping! That afternoon/evening we just hung out and went out to eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory-we really liked it when we went there with Chris' mom. Saturday we spent the day touring Manito Park and Riverfront Park. It was a little sad that not all the flowers were out at Manito Park, but it is still a beautiful place. My mom loved the Conservatory we showed her. Last weekend there was an 11k race that has over 50,000 runners, so Riverfront Park was full of people and vendors. We rode the ride over the Spokane Falls, rode the train around the park, rode the Carousel (you're never too old to ride the Carousel), and rode the slide down the Big Red Wagon. Then we went home and had dinner and of course, watched some Psych. The next day we went to church and just had a nice relaxing day. Monday Chris went to work again and my mom and I did a little more last minute shopping and lunch at Red Robin before I had to take her to the airport around 3:00 pm.









With Mother's Day yesterday I just want to say that I love my mom so much. She truly has always been my best friend and such a great example to me. I have seen her go through many hard things and she always stays strong and faithful. Lots of times when I make a craft, sew something, or cook something, Chris will say, "Where did you learn how to do that?" And I always respond with, "my mom taught me!" My mom is loved by many people, including several of my friends growing up. When I see them they always ask how my mom is. Now don't be jealous of me because I have the cool mom. :) My mom took care of me when I was sick and had my colon removed before I was married. My mom and no one else. She is just amazing and I am so blessed to call her my mom!


1 comment:

Jess and Paul said...

It looks beautiful there! Paul mentioned once that he wanted to go in September (there's a football game he wanted to attend) and to see you guys :) Wonder if he still wants to!