Saturday, August 25, 2012

Road Trip

Well, as I have mentioned before, we are moving to the big city, Spokane, for Chris to go to grad school. He will be getting his Masters in Healthcare Administration. For the last few months we have both been looking for jobs there, with not very much luck. I have had a hard time even finding openings for a dietitian. I have talked to tons of people on the phone, checked hospitals, nursing homes, health departments, etc. We finally found an opening for a full time RD position at a hospital called, ironically, St. Luke's. It has nothing to do with the St. Luke's I work at now. It is a rehabilitation hospital where people go for therapy after an accident or stroke, etc. I applied and got an interview so we packed our bags and took a quick road trip. We decided since we were there we would look at apartments as well. I had the interview and it went pretty well. We also found a place we liked, so it was a productive trip. We had a little time to kill in between appointments too so we went to Riverfront Park. Chris was so excited to show me "the big red wagon" that he played on as a kid when he lived there, but was disappointed it wasn't as big as he remembered. I still thought it was pretty cool. The handle is a slide and there are monkey bars underneath it. I also talked Chris into riding the Carousel with me and I got two more pressed pennies for my collection. We also got to see Spokane Falls, which are man made but pretty cool. Chris thought he was funny taking a picture of me walking up all those stairs, but I made it. :)
 

No comments: