Friday, June 11, 2010

Summertime...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a month since I graduated, moved home, and last updated! I really havn't been up to a whole lot since I've been home, but here's a little bit of what I've been doing.

First of all, I am trying to sell these tutus. They are adorble. I'm selling them for $12 if anyone is interested in one. I gave this one to my niece Taylee for her birthday and she loved it.



I can make them in all kinds of colors. Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.

Not long after I moved home, my cousin Jamie graduated from High School. She was Salutatorian of her class and she gave a really good speech. I love this girl to death! She likes Psych just as much as I do. :)


Here's the cousins that were there.


Afterwards we went to JB's and had pie, like always.


The next day I took Jamie to Pocatello with me and we went and saw RYANHOOD!! They were fantastic, as always. They are just so fun to see live. Jamie really liked them too and we had a lot of fun. In this picture with us are my old roommates Amy, McKenzie and Kris, and Ryan Green and Cameron Hood of course. We're like their groupies.

I kicked everyone else out of the picture so I could have one with just me. :) As Ryanhood pointed out, our jeans are of the same hue. :) The concert was free because it was the first of ISU's summer concert series. They usually have a concert every Thursday on the quad, but it was raining so we had to have it inside. It was still fun though. This time they brought a full band with them (every other time I've seen them it's just been the two with their guitars, and occasionally a mandolin. ) I came away with a yoyo and a T-shirt that says, "ISU You Rock My Socks." All in all it was a productive trip and I had fun seeing my roommates and tons of other good ol' Poky friends.


On Memorial Day we went to the Heyburn Cemetary as usual, but we had an unusually small crowd there this year. There were only four cousins there, including me. Lots of times I have a sibling or two there with their kids, and some older cousins there with their kids, and sometimes some aunts and uncles from out of town. But this year it was just me, Jamie, Sydney, and Zach, plus my mom, Aunt Bev, and Aunt Lora. Uncle Blaine and Brian had to work. But we still had a good time like always decorating my grandparents' graves, my mom's three sisters', my Uncle Kelly's, and seeing lots of other graves of my mom's family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) That night we had a little get together (this time with Blaine and Brian) and played games and stuff. It was a fun time.


Last weekend we went to Boise for my nephew Tanner's baptism. I can't believe he is eight years old! Here are my nieces and nephews and a couple cousins who were there. We had lots of fun!


Here are my nieces Jenna and Kelsi, my sister-in-law Fran and I after church.

On Sunday my sister and her husband flew to San Diego for a little vacay, so my mom dropped her kids and I in Twin at their house so that I could stay with them for the week. I must admit I was a little nervous, but we had fun and everything went well. They had a lot of activities going on (cheer practice, baseball games, and Day Camp) so that's why I had to stay there instead of them coming to Burley. We had fun playing a lot of card games and watching Psych. I came home last night (Thursday).
After hearing Kelsi and Jenna talk about cheerleading, today I got out a video that my mom put together when I was in high school with a bunch of my cheering over a couple years. It brought back a lot of memories of the good ol' days of cheering at Disneyland, halftimes, band dances, mini-cheer camp, the fight song, stunting, and so forth. I could still remember a lot of the dances too, which is sad. Haha. Anyway, it was fun taking a trip down memory lane.
Next weekend we are going to Utah for my cousin Braden's missionary homecoming. I am so excited to see him! (and all my family there.) It seems like it's been forevor since we've taken a trip to Utah, so I'm pretty excited.
Well, I hope this post wasn't too random. Until next time...

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

You've beeen super busy! Have a great time in Utah.