Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Holidays!!

Well I thought I would post a quick Merry Christmas to everybody before the big day, so....Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is well and enjoying this special time of year when we can celebrate the birth of our Savior. I love this time of year and am especially excited for the holidays because all of my family will be able to be together at the same time, with the exception of Kyler. All my other siblings will be here with their kids and spouses a few days after Christmas (they will all be trickling in one at a time), and I just can't wait to see everyone! We are also VERY excited to talk to Kyler on the phone!

It is crazy that time has flown by so fast, I can't believe that I have finished one-half of my internship! Before I know it I will be out in the real world...which is a little scary, but exciting!

The newest thing to happen to me is that I found out that apparently I tore a tendon at some point (probably one of the many times I rolled an ankle in High School), that healed on its own but some fluid built up around it. I have been having problems with my ankles popping for the last couple of years. It used to just be every once in awhile, but lately it has been constantly, and it was causing my ankles to be pretty sore. So over Thanksgiving Break I decided to get it checked out since I have met my deductible for the year. I went and saw Dr. Joe in Burley, and got an x-ray, which didn't show anything. He heard my ankle pop and thought we should do an MRI. But they only do MRIs on Thursdays, so I had to wait till I came home for Christmas break. I took my personal day on Friday the 18th, and came home on Thursday the 17th and did the MRI. I got the results on Monday and found out what I already stated above. I think I can probably pinpoint the time I injured the right ankle (the one that pops the most). It was probably my senior year one day before a game when I was doing a chair (a cheer stunt), and came down and landed on it pretty hard. I rolled my ankles quite a bit, but this time was bad. It turned black and blue and swelled up, and was sore for weeks. I don't know why I never went to the doctor then. Anyway, Dr. Joe said I could either take some anti-inflammatories for a couple months (like ibuprofen or asprin) to get the fluid to go away, or get a steroid shot. My GI doc and surgeon have both warned me to stay away from these because they can cause problems for someone like me, and since I am finally getting to where I feel really good, I didn't want to do anything to rock the boat. So yesterday I went in for a shot, and I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I hate shots, worse than anything, and I got 2, one to numb it, and the other was the steroid. My whole foot felt so strange yesterday. It was tingling and numb and I was limping around. Late last night it finally started to wear off and then I was wishing for it to be numb again. It was aching pretty badly, but today has surprisingly felt pretty good. Besides being a little sore, it's really been ok. I've also noticed it hasn't popped quite as often as usual. If it helps the right ankle we will go ahead and do the left later on. Kind of weird that I could tear a tendon without knowing it, but I'm glad I'm not crazy and that the popping really had a cause!

Well that's the latest with me! Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!


Lorraine said...

I hope your ankle is all better soon. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Dani said...

Jill, if it's not one thing it's another with you! I'm so sorry, but glad that you are feeling better! I forgot that you guys would get to talk to Kyler on Christmas-that's exciting!

Halfords said...

I'm glad it's feeling better. Cheer can really injure you huh. People might mock it but I swear you sustain more injuries from cheering. I've got lots of stories in that department.