Thursday, November 12, 2009

Denver...and some other stuff

So I just got back from Denver a couple weeks ago. I went with the other interns, from Pocatello and Boise. We drove two suburbans there and back-through the snow on the way back, I might add. We attended the National American Dietetics Association Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (ADA FNCE for short). It was exhausting but sooo much fun! I got so much cool free stuff. There were HUNDREDS of booths with fun new products to try-so much food that we didn't even have to bother buying breakfast or lunch. We would just hop on up to the Expo and grab some juice, and oatmeal, and fruit, and bread, and bagels, and cookies (healthy, of course), and salad, and little lemon bites full of calcium...you name it. Then we were good. Haha! We also attended some really cool sessions on cool topics (and not so cool sessions), and did some shopping and eating out.

I got to hang out with Katie for 4 whole days!!


This is the Convention Center where the conference was held. I don't know what is with the big blue bear, but he kind of grows on ya.

So while on this trip I got to thinking of all the trips I've gone on, and I think I've been to some pretty cool places. Keep in mind I've only flown twice, and both times it was to Cleveland, so I have DRIVEN to most of these places. I went to California for band and cheerleading twice, and between the two trips I've been to Disneyland (twice), California Adventure (twice), Universal Studios (twice), Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Medieval Times (twice), and Huntington Beach (twice). I also went to Seattle for band where I rode a ferry, saw the space needle (opted not to go up in it because of time and money, but now regret it), took a tour of an aircraft carrier, went to the biggest mall I've ever seen, Pike's Place Fish Market, and tons of other stuff. And of course while on these trips we got to perform at Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and at a huge competition in Seattle. Thank You Mr. Floyd! Then two summers ago I took a road trip back to California with two of my roomates and best friends, Amy and McKenzie. We went to Disneyland, Universal Studios, Santa Monica Pier and Beach (that has all the rides featured in Cellular, the Hannah Montana Movie, and Bedtime Stories, and I'm sure plenty of other movies-LAME roller coaster BTW). We also stopped in Vegas and walked the strip and went to M&M World, which was tons of fun. We rode the roller coaster on the California/Nevada border, and went to the PRICE IS RIGHT! That was an awesome experience. We were on the Halloween episode, wearing our orange and black ISU shirts. Even though none of us got be contestants, it was still fun. I also took a road trip to Las Vegas my sophmore year of college with my roomate Mandy and her boyfriend (now husband Aaron) and her sister Jenny. We rode the Stratosphere (INSANE!) and the New York New York roller coaster. We were there right before Christmas so it was nice to see all the Christmas decoratons in Vegas. M&M World was decked out for Christmas, the Bellagio Water Show was Christmas songs, etc. Then the first time I went to Cleveland we went to Kirtland and saw the temple and church buildings there-a very neat experience. We also went to Cedar Point, an amazing amusement park. Kyler and I rode some dang cool (and big) roller coasters there. I want to go back so bad...Can ya tell I LOVE big rides and roller coasters? Lagoon does nothing for me anymore...I've moved on to bigger and better things. I have pressed pennies from most of these places, as well as from Yellowstone, the Boise Zoo, and the Perrine Bridge (obtained at the Twin Falls airport). Haha. So, I'm pretty sure I love travelling and doing fun things with my friends and family (like riding insanely cool rides) and hope to do so much more in the future...Next stop: BOSTON!...(hopefully).

3 comments:

Dani said...

sounds like you had lots of fun at your convention! And I hope you get to go to Boston too, that would be so fun, Brandt and I would really like to go there someday - there's just so much to see in the world :) But we've got to make it back to Chicago first of all or Linds would have a fit :)

Lorraine said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I would like to go to Boston too.

Jill said...

Yes, my goal is Boston this summer because it's Brock's last summer there. I don't know where I'll get the money, but my mom and I want to go. Lorraine, you should invite me to view your blog. My email is olsojill@isu.edu.